Monday, December 17, 2012

A Christmas Story: The Musical

I don't think I need to tell you how magical Christmas in this city is...I've always thought that New York City was the setting of every Christmas carol from the chestnuts roasting on the open fire, to the city sidewalks, busy sidewalks all the way to the what are you doing new year's eve? But this season, I was happy to introduce a few original carols to my holiday season in the form of the show, A Christmas Story: The Musical. Of course it's based on the classic movie, and definitely sticks close to the plot (and the flagpole) for you die-hard fans. But the original songs and choreography add something even more special to this story. I've seen it twice now... And I highly encourage those of you near enough to the city to check out this Triple-Dog-Daring Musical!

1  Ralphie hates his pink bunny suit in the musical just as much as in 2012 as he did in the 1983 film.
2  The World Premier Cast Recording will definitely have you singing along.
3  The driving force of the show is Ralphie Parker's quest to unwrap a Red Ryder Carbine Action BB Gun with a compass in the stock (and this thing that tells time...) this Christmas.
4  The ensemble of kids in this cast will impress even the most top-notch Broadway connoisseur!
5 The leg lamp gets the fanfares, accolades and (spoiler alert) KICKLINE it truly deserves in the show-stopping Act I number that would make "the Old Man" proud.

0 comments:

Post a Comment